G.E.E.K
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ever been called a geek, then come here to find people just like you.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
The Dark Lord Happy Pantz (1511)
A Story of Murder and a Question  I_vote_lcapA Story of Murder and a Question  I_voting_barA Story of Murder and a Question  I_vote_rcap 
hempy (741)
A Story of Murder and a Question  I_vote_lcapA Story of Murder and a Question  I_voting_barA Story of Murder and a Question  I_vote_rcap 
evefarrel (629)
Amithyst Stonewall (615)
Raiga Olir (475)
Jenu (413)
yori-chan (387)
Chocolate Chip Cookie (323)
dragonbullet (323)
Mr Roboto (295)
Latest topics
» checking in
A Story of Murder and a Question  EmptyTue Dec 19, 2017 10:25 pm by dragonbullet

» BWONFWIRE!
A Story of Murder and a Question  EmptySat Nov 01, 2014 4:51 am by dragonbullet

» again i return
A Story of Murder and a Question  EmptyThu Aug 28, 2014 2:52 am by dragonbullet

» I'm still here, I always have been, I just lurk alllll the time!
A Story of Murder and a Question  EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 1:55 pm by dragonbullet

» Pokemon MMO
A Story of Murder and a Question  EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 11:52 pm by Amithyst Stonewall

» Who am I?
A Story of Murder and a Question  EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 2:07 am by dragonbullet

» Remembering Chocolate Chip Cookie
A Story of Murder and a Question  EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 2:06 am by dragonbullet

» Photo Shop
A Story of Murder and a Question  EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 12:17 pm by kittycatkea

» Images
A Story of Murder and a Question  EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 11:57 am by kittycatkea

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

A Story of Murder and a Question

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Drakel
Council Members
Drakel

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2010-09-02

Character
Name: Name: Adrithie
Race: Demon

A Story of Murder and a Question  Empty
PostSubject: A Story of Murder and a Question    A Story of Murder and a Question  EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 2:12 pm

There is a river with a bridge over it, and a WIFE and her HUSBAND live in a house on one side. The WIFE has a LOVER who lives on the other side of the river, and the only way to get from one side of the river to the other is to walk across the bridge or to ask the BOATMAN to take you.

One day the HUSBAND tells his WIFE that he has to be gone all night to handle some business in a faraway town. The WIFE pleads with him to take her with him because she knows if she doesn't, she will be unfaithful to him. The HUSBAND absolutely refuses to take her because she will only be in the way of his important business.

So the HUSBAND goes alone. When he is gone, the WIFE goes over to the bridge and stays with her LOVER. The night passes, and dawn is almost up when the WIFE leaves because she must get back to her own home before her HUSBAND returns. She starts to cross the bridge but sees an ASSASSIN waiting for her on the other side, and she knows if she tries to cross, he will murder her. In terror, she runs up the side of the river and asks the BOATMAN to take her across the river, but he wants fifty cents. She has no money, so he refuses to take her.

The WIFE runs back to the LOVER's house and explains to him what the predicament is and asks him for fifty cents to pay the BOATMAN. The LOVER refuses, telling her it's her own fault for getting into the situation. As dawn comes up, the WIFE is nearly out of her mind and dashes across the bridge. When she comes face to face with the ASSASSIN, he takes a large knife and stabs her until she is dead.

Now, in your post, list the names of the characters in the order in which you think they were most responsible for the WIFE's death. Just list WIFE, HUSBAND, LOVER, BOATMAN, and ASSASSIN in the order from most guilty to the least guilty in your opinion.
Back to top Go down
The Dark Lord Happy Pantz
Grand Editor
Grand Editor

Number of posts : 1511
Registration date : 2008-05-05

Character
Name: Turin and Allie Ryuu
Race: Dragon

PostSubject: Re: A Story of Murder and a Question    A Story of Murder and a Question  EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 3:45 pm

is this a test or something? lol

i choose:
HUSBAND, WIFE, LOVER, BOATMAN, ASSASSIN
Back to top Go down
Chocolate Chip Cookie
Grand Editor
Grand Editor
Chocolate Chip Cookie

Number of posts : 323
Registration date : 2009-06-10

Character
Name: Krypta
Race: Pixie

PostSubject: Re: A Story of Murder and a Question    A Story of Murder and a Question  EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 9:41 am

WIFE, ASSASSIN, BOATMAN, LOVER, HUSBAND
Back to top Go down
Grand Editor
Grand Editor

Character

PostSubject: Re: A Story of Murder and a Question    A Story of Murder and a Question  EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 12:59 pm

should i explain how i got to my opinion btw?
Back to top Go down
Drakel
Council Members
Drakel

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2010-09-02

Character
Name: Name: Adrithie
Race: Demon

PostSubject: Re: A Story of Murder and a Question    A Story of Murder and a Question  EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 8:20 pm

You can if you want Smile
Back to top Go down
Grand Editor
Grand Editor

Character

PostSubject: Re: A Story of Murder and a Question    A Story of Murder and a Question  EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 3:09 pm

The Dark Lord Happy Pantz wrote:
is this a test or something? lol

i choose:
HUSBAND, WIFE, LOVER, BOATMAN, ASSASSIN

so my reasoning:

most responsible

HUSBAND-most responsible who else hand the motive to hire the assassin

WIFE- she's a cheater she brought the situation upon herself

Less responible but still up there

LOVER- he's a di-jerk. he should have helped her. (even though he was right)

and then these are below so i feel they are even less responsible (the gap of my feelings of "responsibility" between these and the lover is a little wider than the one between the wife and the lover)

BOATMAN- 'cmon really? she couldnt have given you that fifty cents later?

ASSASSIN- just doing his job. (which happened to be killing her)
Back to top Go down
dragonbullet
Council Members
dragonbullet

Registration date : 2008-09-16

Character
Name: zerince
Race: Elf

PostSubject: Re: A Story of Murder and a Question    A Story of Murder and a Question  EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 1:54 pm

wife - she put herself in the situation
lover - would let her die over fifty cents (maybe hired the assasin)
assasin - well he killed her
boat man - he need his fare but could have helped this once
husband - had nothing to do with it how could he have known right (unless he hired the assasin)
Back to top Go down
hempy
Council Members
hempy

Number of posts : 741
Registration date : 2008-05-27

Character
Name: Phaie Faese
Race: Golem

PostSubject: Re: A Story of Murder and a Question    A Story of Murder and a Question  EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 7:03 pm

I think the bigger issue is that it took all of them to kill her but it would have only taken one to save her life.
Back to top Go down
dragonbullet
Council Members
dragonbullet

Registration date : 2008-09-16

Character
Name: zerince
Race: Elf

PostSubject: Re: A Story of Murder and a Question    A Story of Murder and a Question  EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 2:03 pm

true
what jerks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Story of Murder and a Question    A Story of Murder and a Question  Empty

Back to top Go down

A Story of Murder and a Question
Page 1 of 1