G.E.E.K
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ever been called a geek, then come here to find people just like you.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
The Dark Lord Happy Pantz (1511)
Keegan Beastiary I_vote_lcapKeegan Beastiary I_voting_barKeegan Beastiary I_vote_rcap 
hempy (741)
Keegan Beastiary I_vote_lcapKeegan Beastiary I_voting_barKeegan Beastiary I_vote_rcap 
evefarrel (629)
Amithyst Stonewall (615)
Raiga Olir (475)
Jenu (413)
yori-chan (387)
Chocolate Chip Cookie (323)
dragonbullet (323)
Mr Roboto (295)
Latest topics
» checking in
Keegan Beastiary EmptyTue Dec 19, 2017 10:25 pm by dragonbullet

» BWONFWIRE!
Keegan Beastiary EmptySat Nov 01, 2014 4:51 am by dragonbullet

» again i return
Keegan Beastiary EmptyThu Aug 28, 2014 2:52 am by dragonbullet

» I'm still here, I always have been, I just lurk alllll the time!
Keegan Beastiary EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 1:55 pm by dragonbullet

» Pokemon MMO
Keegan Beastiary EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 11:52 pm by Amithyst Stonewall

» Who am I?
Keegan Beastiary EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 2:07 am by dragonbullet

» Remembering Chocolate Chip Cookie
Keegan Beastiary EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 2:06 am by dragonbullet

» Photo Shop
Keegan Beastiary EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 12:17 pm by kittycatkea

» Images
Keegan Beastiary EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 11:57 am by kittycatkea

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Keegan Beastiary

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Raiga Olir
Members
Raiga Olir

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2008-05-01

Character
Name: Cala Rive
Race: Elf

Keegan Beastiary Empty
PostSubject: Keegan Beastiary   Keegan Beastiary EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 2:24 pm

Beasts of Kéega

Bolg
A wolf or dog like creature, the major variations of bolgs are; wybolgs, necrobolgs, etc.

Dremreal
A being that often appears in the mental planes of Summons-Masters. No one knows why these
beings appear with only minor variations throughout the minds of the intelligent races. They
usually appear as giant beasts, standing nearly thirty feet tall and having a neck a fourth that in
length. They have dark, leathery skin, and two legs. Their heads are alligator-like in shape, but
with a single eye and three rows of razor sharp teeth.

Elemental
Elementals may appear similar to golems at first glance, but under close observation differences can be seen. Primarily the lack of a core (the heart and soul of a golem). Elementals are not intelligent in any sense of the word (unlike golems which generally have a simple, childlike intelligence). Elementals can be created by mages, but also occur naturally in places high in natural mana (although this is rare).

Fuzz-Ball
Krungthepmahanakhornbowornrattanakosinmahintarayutthayamahadilokpopnopparatratchathani-buriromudomratchaniwetmahasathanamornpimanavatarnsathitsakkathattiyavisnukarprasits
(a.k.a. Fuzz-Balls) are small magical beings of high danger in their wild, untamed state. These
creatures, although unbelievably cute, are highly dangerous to anything they are turned on.
People have found ways to tame these creatures and have since used them in countless battles.
Fuzz-Balls are spherical balls of pure fur, about half an inch in diameter. They have been bread
in nearly every color imaginable. They are the only creature (beside pixies) to have no magic
cap, this is offset by the fact that they only have the intelligence to learn one spell. People have
raised them in color codes, one color for one spell, and another color for another spell. This has
helped warriors who are magic illiterate or just plain lazy. Very few people, outside the trained
Fuzz-Ball ranchers, have been able to tame let alone capture one of these creatures from the
wild, and this act is highly discouraged due to the high casualty rate these creatures have brought
in the wild. These creatures also have the unique ability of merging if enough of them gather in
a single location. The result is a larger Fuzz-Ball with higher intelligence and that has the ability
of using highly advanced spells. Due to this, the ranches have set a strict limit of the number of
Fuzz-Balls any one person may carry at any given time. There are Fuzz-Ball “Day cares” open due
to people not wanting to sell old Fuzz-Balls. There are rare instances of Fuzz-Balls achieving intelligence and the capability of speech. This happens in 1 out of every billion or so Fuzz-Balls.

Ilith
Ilith are gigantic, burrowing, shelled worms. They pose large problems for goblin and dwarven cities. Their shells can be carved into amazingly resistant armor, which is immune to most earth-based magic. This has caused the trade in ilith shells to skyrocket.

Necrobolg
Dog shaped intelligent creatures. They normally are found with six legs, three tales, two mouths
(one above the eyes and nose, and one below) and four eyes. They can communicate telepathically with people to whom they are bound, as well as with other members of their packs.
They are highly social creatures, preferring packs over solitary hunting. They normally view
themselves as better than most other dogs, wolves, and bolgs. They always seek the survival of the pack and have been known to kill off an injured member if it is slowing down the rest of the pack.

Necrocorvida
These beings, also known as demon birds, are denizens of Hell. They make loyal pets once tamed, and excellent scouts with the proper training. They can learn basic phrases in various languages. Little is known about the necrocorvidae in their wild state.

Nightling
These creatures are highly dangerous, nocturnal hunters. They are bony in form, have pitch black
skin, have no eyes, and are dangerously fast. As they are blind, they hunt through a combination of echolocation and a heightened sense of smell. Their long, willowy hands end in three clawed fingers, with which they grip their prey when feasting.
They are carnivores, and usually hunt alone, but have been known to form temporary packs to
kill larger creatures. These alliances usually end when the opponent is killed, as the nightlings then turn upon each other in a blood bath that can last for many days, only ending when there is a single nightling left.

Pegasus
Winged horses. They are often captured and tamed, then used as forms of transportation. They
are now nearly non-existence in the wild.

Rii
Small monkeylike creatures native to the Celdon Cavern. They feed almost exclusively on a type of agae that grow on the glowing stone of the cavern. They are about 3 feet in hight, have silver fur, small 7 fingered hands (where each finger ends in a claw), and a tail about as long as they are tall.

ScourgeBeetle
Any of a wide variety of elephant sized beetles.

Silvan ScourgeBeetle
Insectoid creatures of roughly elephant size. They resemble Hercules beetles. However, they do not have the wings average beetles do, instead holding a solid carapace. They are herbivores, capable of devouring trees with ease. This has made them a danger to most elven villages.

Undead
The undead are intelligent creatures that have died and then revived through necromancy. Normally they have little or no intelligence and serve the roll of slave or soldier. There have been instances in which a being was revived with its intelligence intact, though these instances are few and far between, and these undead are normally killed again soon after reincarnation.

Unicorn
A horse, normally white, with a single golden or rainbow horn protruding from its forehead, they have cloven hooves, males have a beard-like tuft of hair on there chin. They are solitary creatures that are thought to be near extinction, as sightings are extremely rare. They are unknown beyond this.

Vampire
Vampirism is a disease spread through a bite from another vampire, drinking a vampire’s blood, or having vampire blood fall on a person’s flesh.Vampires only drink blood as, upon transformation, they lose the ability to digest anything else. Although they technically are not beasts, vampires are considered such by much of the populous of the world. It is unknown if they can breed. However, only humans will totally succumb to vampirism. Other races will merely take on the other vampiric quality's without the need for blood.

Were-creatures
Were-ism is a virus of unknown origin. Over exposition to someone else in a were- state may cause the contraction of this virus. Once the virus is contracted the first animal they come in close proximity to will be there were- (e.g. you contract the virus. The first animal you touch is a snake. You are a were-snake.). Once their were-creature is established they will take on discerning quality's of there were-, such as scales, fangs, tails, or ears.
Once under control, were's can transform into there were-creature at will. Some were's have managed to gain amazing control over their bestial side and can turn singular body parts into were-form while retaining their natural form. Other were's fall to there bestial side and permanently become there were.
A were's skills are heightened during the dark of the moon.

Wybolg
Dog-like winged creatures, they are larger than the average wolf and are often domesticated for
carrying riders. Wild wybolgs have been hunted to near extinction. In the wild, wybolgs are solitary hunters, and only converge once a year to mate. They defend their chosen territory fiercely, often to the point of fighting enemies too powerful, and thus dieing in the attempt.

Ysdra
Ysdra are large, elephant-like beasts known for killing entire parties of amateur adventurers. Normally hunted for their horns and tusks, ysdra are imposing beasts and highly dangerous when provoked.
Ysdra are much like elephants, save for the fact that they have a single ivory horn sprouting from over each ear. They are peaceful herbivores that have been hunted for many years, as the ivory in their tusks and horns, as well as the bone of their large foreheads, can be collected and sold at high prices.

???
Giant squirrel-like beasts, commonly referred to as “demon-“ or “death-squirrels.” These giant carnivorous beasts are best known for hurling large rocks at creatures that are too close to their nests.

Last edited by Raiga Olir on Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:49 pm; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
The Dark Lord Happy Pantz
Grand Editor
Grand Editor
The Dark Lord Happy Pantz

Number of posts : 1511
Registration date : 2008-05-05

Character
Name: Turin and Allie Ryuu
Race: Dragon

Keegan Beastiary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keegan Beastiary   Keegan Beastiary EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 11:08 pm

I kinda pictured a necroblog to be like this:

http://images.google.com/url?q=https://2img.net/h/i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd167/x-Red_girl-x/AnimeWolf111.jpg&usg=AFQjCNHrB75ITrIAqRm6VLHiwN7togpVxA

but then you mentioned the whole 3 tails thing

but now its more like that last wyblog thing (that is, without the whole collar thing)

and i guess that could be a necroblog--> https://2img.net/h/i180.photobucket.com/albums/x259/wildflower-gen/woofie.jpg

this image has nothing to do with these beasts but its pretty awesome, no?
http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:NwOPnP1l74ircM:https://2img.net/h/i195.photobucket.com/albums/z41/Tenshi1234/l_13e5071b41c5069cd72dd2083280095a.jpg
Back to top Go down
Amithyst Stonewall
Order Webmaster
Order Webmaster
Amithyst Stonewall

Number of posts : 615
Registration date : 2008-05-02

Character
Name: Amithyst Stonewall
Race: Beastman

Keegan Beastiary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keegan Beastiary   Keegan Beastiary EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 10:45 am

I started doing ((very, very, very, very, rough)) sketches of what I thought they may look like. Though there probably isn't enough detail for me to get even close, I thought I might try. I got nothing better to do with my infinite amounts of time.

I'll post them in the Pictures thread when I'm done.
Back to top Go down
http://geek.heavenforum.com/
Mr Roboto
Order Webmaster
Order Webmaster
Mr Roboto

Number of posts : 295

Character
Name: Aule Naugrim
Race: Dwarf

Keegan Beastiary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keegan Beastiary   Keegan Beastiary EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 5:43 pm

Not to be nitpicky about it, but the diseases for becoming a werewolf and vampirisim do have names:

Lycanthropy (in short, a werewolf is called a lycanthrope).

And...

Vampirism is Porphyric Hemophilia.
Back to top Go down
Raiga Olir
Members
Raiga Olir

Character

Keegan Beastiary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keegan Beastiary   Keegan Beastiary EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 2:19 pm

I updated the bestiary to include the three newest discoveries; Ysdra, Ilith, and a currently unnamed beast.

The unnamed beast can be renamed if you choose, Ami, or Eve.
Back to top Go down
Raiga Olir
Members
Raiga Olir

Character

Keegan Beastiary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keegan Beastiary   Keegan Beastiary EmptyFri May 15, 2009 3:39 pm

In one of my Rive books, I introduced a new creature, the Rii. I'll add it to the current bestiary as soon as I can.
Back to top Go down
Raiga Olir
Members
Raiga Olir

Character

Keegan Beastiary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keegan Beastiary   Keegan Beastiary EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 11:23 pm

Updated to include the Rii. Also added the ScourgeBeetle and an entry on Elementals.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Keegan Beastiary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keegan Beastiary   Keegan Beastiary Empty

Back to top Go down

Keegan Beastiary
Page 1 of 1