G.E.E.K
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ever been called a geek, then come here to find people just like you.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
The Dark Lord Happy Pantz (1511)
About Time:  The Official Pokemon Thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcapAbout Time:  The Official Pokemon Thread - Page 3 I_voting_barAbout Time:  The Official Pokemon Thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 
hempy (741)
About Time:  The Official Pokemon Thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcapAbout Time:  The Official Pokemon Thread - Page 3 I_voting_barAbout Time:  The Official Pokemon Thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 
evefarrel (629)
Amithyst Stonewall (615)
Raiga Olir (475)
Jenu (413)
yori-chan (387)
Chocolate Chip Cookie (323)
dragonbullet (323)
Mr Roboto (295)
Latest topics
» checking in
About Time:  The Official Pokemon Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 19, 2017 10:25 pm by dragonbullet

» BWONFWIRE!
About Time:  The Official Pokemon Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 01, 2014 4:51 am by dragonbullet

» again i return
About Time:  The Official Pokemon Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 28, 2014 2:52 am by dragonbullet

» I'm still here, I always have been, I just lurk alllll the time!
About Time:  The Official Pokemon Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 1:55 pm by dragonbullet

» Pokemon MMO
About Time:  The Official Pokemon Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 11:52 pm by Amithyst Stonewall

» Who am I?
About Time:  The Official Pokemon Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 2:07 am by dragonbullet

» Remembering Chocolate Chip Cookie
About Time:  The Official Pokemon Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 2:06 am by dragonbullet

» Photo Shop
About Time:  The Official Pokemon Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 12:17 pm by kittycatkea

» Images
About Time:  The Official Pokemon Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 11:57 am by kittycatkea

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

About Time: The Official Pokemon Thread

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
hempy
Council Members
hempy

Number of posts : 741
Registration date : 2008-05-27

Character
Name: Phaie Faese
Race: Golem

About Time:  The Official Pokemon Thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: About Time: The Official Pokemon Thread   About Time:  The Official Pokemon Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue May 11, 2010 10:41 pm

http://twitter.com/nintendonews
pick your favorite moment of stupid.
Back to top Go down
Raiga Olir
Members
Raiga Olir

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2008-05-01

Character
Name: Cala Rive
Race: Elf

PostSubject: Re: About Time: The Official Pokemon Thread   About Time:  The Official Pokemon Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue May 18, 2010 1:04 pm

OK. Here's all the info I've gathered about Gen5. Please note that this info is based on what little was revealed to Japanese natives. Names may be altered in the U.S. releases of the games. Also, not all info may be accurate.
The three starters are Tsutaaja (the grass snake), Mijumaru (the sea otter), and Pokabu (the fire pig).
The new region's name is "Isshu" (at least in the Japanese games). And one of the cities is named "Hiun".
The protaganists will be older than any seen so far.
In battles, the player's entire pokemon will be visible (rather than just a head and shoulders view), and the attacking pokemon's movements will be more animated. And the camera may switch when attacking.
The Pokemart and Pokemon Centers have been merged into a single building (I'm still working on confirming this on other sites...).
NPCs will actually run around you if you bump into them and will show speech bubbles with small messages as you walk or run by them.

For pics of the starters and one of the towns check here (sorry, but I can't find an english translation of this site).
Back to top Go down
The Dark Lord Happy Pantz
Grand Editor
Grand Editor

Number of posts : 1511
Registration date : 2008-05-05

Character
Name: Turin and Allie Ryuu
Race: Dragon

PostSubject: Re: About Time: The Official Pokemon Thread   About Time:  The Official Pokemon Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue May 18, 2010 3:58 pm

awe the new starters are cute.
Back to top Go down
evefarrel
Order Webmaster
Order Webmaster
evefarrel

Number of posts : 629
Registration date : 2008-04-29

Character
Name: Azzy
Race: Pixie

PostSubject: Re: About Time: The Official Pokemon Thread   About Time:  The Official Pokemon Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue May 18, 2010 5:17 pm

I already knew that from bulbapedia ><
Back to top Go down
Raiga Olir
Members
Raiga Olir

Character

PostSubject: Re: About Time: The Official Pokemon Thread   About Time:  The Official Pokemon Thread - Page 3 EmptySat May 22, 2010 3:51 am

Well, for those who didn't know...
Back to top Go down
evefarrel
Order Webmaster
Order Webmaster
evefarrel

Character

PostSubject: Re: About Time: The Official Pokemon Thread   About Time:  The Official Pokemon Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 4:20 am

http://www.pokemon.com/blackwhite/en/
The legendaries for the new games, I think they look freaking sweet and are at least partially dragon types.
Back to top Go down
Grand Editor
Grand Editor

Character

PostSubject: Re: About Time: The Official Pokemon Thread   About Time:  The Official Pokemon Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 4:06 pm

evefarrel wrote:
http://www.pokemon.com/blackwhite/en/
The legendaries for the new games, I think they look freaking sweet and are at least partially dragon types.

they are all looking like other pokemon.
sadly the legendaries do too, especially zekrom, who is a black, beefier, more pointy version of palkia.
Back to top Go down
hempy
Council Members
hempy

Character

PostSubject: Re: About Time: The Official Pokemon Thread   About Time:  The Official Pokemon Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 2:26 am

I've been pondering something for last couple of days and I honestly can't find any answer to my dilemma. How were a pokemon's stats determined in generation I? The closest I've been able to find to an answer is a mentioning on a forum about EV's being half of what they are now and I don't know if RandomGuy433 is a reputable source. If anyone can find any information on the great series of tubes, let me know before I lose my last string of sanity.
Back to top Go down
evefarrel
Order Webmaster
Order Webmaster
evefarrel

Character

PostSubject: Re: About Time: The Official Pokemon Thread   About Time:  The Official Pokemon Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 4:22 am

Well I know they were only speed, attack, defense, and special in gen 1...
Back to top Go down
hempy
Council Members
hempy

Character

PostSubject: Re: About Time: The Official Pokemon Thread   About Time:  The Official Pokemon Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 8:13 am

The EV system was introduced in Generation I, where it was also called Stat Experience or Stat Exp.
The Pokémon data structure contains two EV bytes for each the five stats (HP, Attack, Defense, Speed and Special), starting at zero when caught and with a maximum EV of 65535 for each stat. When a Pokémon is defeated, its base stats are converted to effort points and then added to the EVs. For example, defeating a Mew grants 100 effort points to each EV. (Defeating 656 Mew, therefore, will give a Pokémon maximum EVs in each stat.)
EVs are factored into the Pokémon's stats when it levels up. Additionally, EVs are calculated into stats when a Pokémon is taken from Bill's PC; this is called the box trick. A Pokémon which reaches level 100 can continue to accrue EVs up to the maximum of 65535 in each stat, and use the box trick to have those EVs factored in.
Vitamins add 2560 to one stat's EV, but cannot raise a stat above 25600. Unlike later games, the Exp. Share did not share EVs.

*angelic choir!*
Back to top Go down
Raiga Olir
Members
Raiga Olir

Character

PostSubject: Re: About Time: The Official Pokemon Thread   About Time:  The Official Pokemon Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 10:21 am

And, where, Oh Great Crazy One, did you aquire this information, if I may ask?
Back to top Go down
hempy
Council Members
hempy

Character

PostSubject: Re: About Time: The Official Pokemon Thread   About Time:  The Official Pokemon Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 2:02 am

Bulbapedia!

Did you know that they made the latest announced Pokemon, Victini, number 000? Is it just me or should this number be exclusively for Missingno.?
Back to top Go down
Grand Editor
Grand Editor

Character

PostSubject: Re: About Time: The Official Pokemon Thread   About Time:  The Official Pokemon Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 1:26 pm

hempy wrote:
Bulbapedia!

Did you know that they made the latest announced Pokemon, Victini, number 000? Is it just me or should this number be exclusively for Missingno.?

lol, number "does not compute" wouldn't suffice?
Back to top Go down
evefarrel
Order Webmaster
Order Webmaster
evefarrel

Character

PostSubject: Re: About Time: The Official Pokemon Thread   About Time:  The Official Pokemon Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 6:04 pm

Bulbapedia, the best resource ever for pokemon info ^^ I don't know if I will love the new gen, the pokemon are insane coming up ><
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: About Time: The Official Pokemon Thread   About Time:  The Official Pokemon Thread - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

About Time: The Official Pokemon Thread
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3