G.E.E.K
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ever been called a geek, then come here to find people just like you.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
The Dark Lord Happy Pantz (1511)
Arrakis, otherwise known as...Dune. I_vote_lcapArrakis, otherwise known as...Dune. I_voting_barArrakis, otherwise known as...Dune. I_vote_rcap 
hempy (741)
Arrakis, otherwise known as...Dune. I_vote_lcapArrakis, otherwise known as...Dune. I_voting_barArrakis, otherwise known as...Dune. I_vote_rcap 
evefarrel (629)
Amithyst Stonewall (615)
Raiga Olir (475)
Jenu (413)
yori-chan (387)
Chocolate Chip Cookie (323)
dragonbullet (323)
Mr Roboto (295)
Latest topics
» checking in
Arrakis, otherwise known as...Dune. EmptyTue Dec 19, 2017 10:25 pm by dragonbullet

» BWONFWIRE!
Arrakis, otherwise known as...Dune. EmptySat Nov 01, 2014 4:51 am by dragonbullet

» again i return
Arrakis, otherwise known as...Dune. EmptyThu Aug 28, 2014 2:52 am by dragonbullet

» I'm still here, I always have been, I just lurk alllll the time!
Arrakis, otherwise known as...Dune. EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 1:55 pm by dragonbullet

» Pokemon MMO
Arrakis, otherwise known as...Dune. EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 11:52 pm by Amithyst Stonewall

» Who am I?
Arrakis, otherwise known as...Dune. EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 2:07 am by dragonbullet

» Remembering Chocolate Chip Cookie
Arrakis, otherwise known as...Dune. EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 2:06 am by dragonbullet

» Photo Shop
Arrakis, otherwise known as...Dune. EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 12:17 pm by kittycatkea

» Images
Arrakis, otherwise known as...Dune. EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 11:57 am by kittycatkea

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Arrakis, otherwise known as...Dune.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr Roboto
Order Webmaster
Order Webmaster
Mr Roboto

Number of posts : 295
Registration date : 2008-05-01

Character
Name: Aule Naugrim
Race: Dwarf

Arrakis, otherwise known as...Dune. Empty
PostSubject: Arrakis, otherwise known as...Dune.   Arrakis, otherwise known as...Dune. EmptySat May 10, 2008 1:17 am

This is the Dune thread you hear me talk about a lot. So if you wanna know anything about it, simply ask.
Back to top Go down
The Dark Lord Happy Pantz
Grand Editor
Grand Editor

Number of posts : 1511
Registration date : 2008-05-05

Character
Name: Turin and Allie Ryuu
Race: Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Arrakis, otherwise known as...Dune.   Arrakis, otherwise known as...Dune. EmptyWed May 14, 2008 11:26 pm

OH ME! I wanna know! What's it about?
Back to top Go down
Mr Roboto
Order Webmaster
Order Webmaster
Mr Roboto

Character

PostSubject: Re: Arrakis, otherwise known as...Dune.   Arrakis, otherwise known as...Dune. EmptyWed May 14, 2008 11:49 pm

A shitload of stuff, that's what they're about. I mean, there's fourteen books. I'll gladly put the list of em down, and if any of em sound interesting, I'll tell ya what those are about. I'm also gonna put em into groups, based on the timeline for each group (the books span like 20,000-25,000 years total).

Dune: The Butlerian Jihad*
Dune: The Machine Crusade*
Dune: The Battle of Corrin*

Dune: House Atreides*
Dune: House Harkonnen*
Dune: House Corrino*

Paul of Dune#
Jessica of Dune#
Irulan of Dune#
Leto of Dune#

Dune^
Dune Messiah^
Children of Dune^

God Emperor of Dune^

Heretics of Dune^
Chapterhouse: Dune^
Hunters of Dune*
Sandworms of Dune*

^Written by Frank Herbert
*Written by Brian Herbert and Keven J. Anderson
#To be written Brian and Kevin. So I don't know anything about these, since they haven't been made yet.
Back to top Go down
Grand Editor
Grand Editor

Character

PostSubject: Re: Arrakis, otherwise known as...Dune.   Arrakis, otherwise known as...Dune. EmptyThu May 15, 2008 8:47 pm

Tell me a little of each?

They all sound pretty cool...
Back to top Go down
Mr Roboto
Order Webmaster
Order Webmaster
Mr Roboto

Character

PostSubject: Re: Arrakis, otherwise known as...Dune.   Arrakis, otherwise known as...Dune. EmptyThu May 15, 2008 10:26 pm

The Dark Lord Happy Pantz wrote:

Oh you mean mean, person you! I'd rather just tell you in person.
Back to top Go down
Grand Editor
Grand Editor

Character

PostSubject: Re: Arrakis, otherwise known as...Dune.   Arrakis, otherwise known as...Dune. EmptyThu May 15, 2008 11:01 pm

Mr Roboto wrote:

You just do that, then
Back to top Go down
Mr Roboto
Order Webmaster
Order Webmaster
Mr Roboto

Character

PostSubject: Re: Arrakis, otherwise known as...Dune.   Arrakis, otherwise known as...Dune. EmptyThu May 15, 2008 11:21 pm

Mr Roboto wrote:

You just do that, then

Well then...fine! I will! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Raiga Olir
Members
Raiga Olir

Number of posts : 475

Character
Name: Cala Rive
Race: Elf

PostSubject: Re: Arrakis, otherwise known as...Dune.   Arrakis, otherwise known as...Dune. EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 7:34 pm

I was at the library and noticed "Hunters of Dune". My memory may have faded some, but that's what I remember as the title of one of the books.
Back to top Go down
Mr Roboto
Order Webmaster
Order Webmaster
Mr Roboto

Character

PostSubject: Re: Arrakis, otherwise known as...Dune.   Arrakis, otherwise known as...Dune. EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 11:14 pm

magician infinity wrote:
I was at the library and noticed "Hunters of Dune". My memory may have faded some, but that's what I remember as the title of one of the books.

Yes, that is the correct name of the book. It takes place after "Chapterhouse: Dune." What is it you wish to know?
Back to top Go down
Raiga Olir
Members
Raiga Olir

Character

PostSubject: Re: Arrakis, otherwise known as...Dune.   Arrakis, otherwise known as...Dune. EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 1:53 pm

sorry I had mistranslated your symbols in the book listing, I thought it was one of to be released books.
Back to top Go down
Raiga Olir
Members
Raiga Olir

Character

PostSubject: Re: Arrakis, otherwise known as...Dune.   Arrakis, otherwise known as...Dune. EmptyFri Dec 12, 2008 6:32 pm

The Public Library now has Paul of Dune if you want to check it out. I read the cover and it takes place between the first and second books released (Dune and (I believe) Dune Messiah).
Back to top Go down
Raiga Olir
Members
Raiga Olir

Character

PostSubject: Re: Arrakis, otherwise known as...Dune.   Arrakis, otherwise known as...Dune. EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 6:40 pm

Dune Wiki

This link will take you to the Dune wiki for mor information for those who want to do the research. It even has images from the mini-series on the sci-fi channel.

[EDIT]

Dune Wiki

The old link has problems of trying to reload pages you are currently on. This one, though vastly different and not as detailed, however, does not have that glitch.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arrakis, otherwise known as...Dune.   Arrakis, otherwise known as...Dune. Empty

Back to top Go down

Arrakis, otherwise known as...Dune.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
G.E.E.K :: Media (Red Tri) :: Books or Mangas-
Jump to: