G.E.E.K
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ever been called a geek, then come here to find people just like you.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
The Dark Lord Happy Pantz (1511)
A SERIOUS ISSUE FOR ALL ADMINISTRATORS!!!! I_vote_lcapA SERIOUS ISSUE FOR ALL ADMINISTRATORS!!!! I_voting_barA SERIOUS ISSUE FOR ALL ADMINISTRATORS!!!! I_vote_rcap 
hempy (741)
A SERIOUS ISSUE FOR ALL ADMINISTRATORS!!!! I_vote_lcapA SERIOUS ISSUE FOR ALL ADMINISTRATORS!!!! I_voting_barA SERIOUS ISSUE FOR ALL ADMINISTRATORS!!!! I_vote_rcap 
evefarrel (629)
Amithyst Stonewall (615)
Raiga Olir (475)
Jenu (413)
yori-chan (387)
Chocolate Chip Cookie (323)
dragonbullet (323)
Mr Roboto (295)
Latest topics
» checking in
A SERIOUS ISSUE FOR ALL ADMINISTRATORS!!!! EmptyTue Dec 19, 2017 10:25 pm by dragonbullet

» BWONFWIRE!
A SERIOUS ISSUE FOR ALL ADMINISTRATORS!!!! EmptySat Nov 01, 2014 4:51 am by dragonbullet

» again i return
A SERIOUS ISSUE FOR ALL ADMINISTRATORS!!!! EmptyThu Aug 28, 2014 2:52 am by dragonbullet

» I'm still here, I always have been, I just lurk alllll the time!
A SERIOUS ISSUE FOR ALL ADMINISTRATORS!!!! EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 1:55 pm by dragonbullet

» Pokemon MMO
A SERIOUS ISSUE FOR ALL ADMINISTRATORS!!!! EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 11:52 pm by Amithyst Stonewall

» Who am I?
A SERIOUS ISSUE FOR ALL ADMINISTRATORS!!!! EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 2:07 am by dragonbullet

» Remembering Chocolate Chip Cookie
A SERIOUS ISSUE FOR ALL ADMINISTRATORS!!!! EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 2:06 am by dragonbullet

» Photo Shop
A SERIOUS ISSUE FOR ALL ADMINISTRATORS!!!! EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 12:17 pm by kittycatkea

» Images
A SERIOUS ISSUE FOR ALL ADMINISTRATORS!!!! EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 11:57 am by kittycatkea

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

A SERIOUS ISSUE FOR ALL ADMINISTRATORS!!!!

Go down 
+2
Mr Roboto
Jenu
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Jenu
Members
Jenu

Number of posts : 413
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character
Name: Rana Mizu
Race: Elf

A SERIOUS ISSUE FOR ALL ADMINISTRATORS!!!! Empty
PostSubject: A SERIOUS ISSUE FOR ALL ADMINISTRATORS!!!!   A SERIOUS ISSUE FOR ALL ADMINISTRATORS!!!! EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 2:24 pm

I will ask very firmly and decidedly that you PLEASE TAKE OFF THE DAM MAP! I have found out that clicking on the link "view the whole list" under Who is Online on the left-hand scroll bar, you can find out exactly where anyone who comes on here lives, thanks to satellite mapping and google. Sure this may seem like a cool feature but it plays directly into the hands of silent internet stalkers.

I am concerned as much for your safety as I am for my own, because I know that you all live in a relatively close area to each other, probably within the same city. Do you really want just anyone to come on here and find out exactly where you live??? Actually, I know you don't because that exact question on your character profile is answered by the vast majority of you with much secrecy and suspicion. Well, there's no secrecy to be had. I accidentally stumbled onto it, a stalker would look straight for it.

So I ask again, PLEASE TAKE OFF THE MAP!!
Back to top Go down
Mr Roboto
Order Webmaster
Order Webmaster
Mr Roboto

Number of posts : 295
Registration date : 2008-05-01

Character
Name: Aule Naugrim
Race: Dwarf

PostSubject: Re: A SERIOUS ISSUE FOR ALL ADMINISTRATORS!!!!   A SERIOUS ISSUE FOR ALL ADMINISTRATORS!!!! EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 3:00 pm

I admit, that could be a serious problem.

Many of the original members are over 18, and several have moved away, but yes, that could be a major problem for newer and/or younger members.
Back to top Go down
Jenu
Members
Jenu

Character

PostSubject: Re: A SERIOUS ISSUE FOR ALL ADMINISTRATORS!!!!   A SERIOUS ISSUE FOR ALL ADMINISTRATORS!!!! EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 4:18 pm

Thank you for taking off the link. I can't find it now so I guess it's all good.
Back to top Go down
Amithyst Stonewall
Order Webmaster
Order Webmaster
Amithyst Stonewall

Number of posts : 615
Registration date : 2008-05-02

Character
Name: Amithyst Stonewall
Race: Beastman

PostSubject: Re: A SERIOUS ISSUE FOR ALL ADMINISTRATORS!!!!   A SERIOUS ISSUE FOR ALL ADMINISTRATORS!!!! EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 8:01 pm

Paranoid much?
Back to top Go down
http://geek.heavenforum.com/
Jenu
Members
Jenu

Character

PostSubject: Re: A SERIOUS ISSUE FOR ALL ADMINISTRATORS!!!!   A SERIOUS ISSUE FOR ALL ADMINISTRATORS!!!! EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 10:42 pm

Razz I try to keep safe, that's all.

Obviously, I understand that this site is little used, and that there's extremely little chance that a stalker would be so interested in the goings on of such a small site as this. There'd probably be even less chance that if once a stalker found the information they'd take any action upon it. Even still, when it comes to information on the internet, tis better safe than sorry.

Besides that, stalker or no, I don't think just anyone should be privy to such information. Do you?
Back to top Go down
yori-chan
Council Members
yori-chan

Number of posts : 387
Registration date : 2008-06-16

Character
Name: Anola
Race: Ecarian

PostSubject: Re: A SERIOUS ISSUE FOR ALL ADMINISTRATORS!!!!   A SERIOUS ISSUE FOR ALL ADMINISTRATORS!!!! EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 10:43 pm

This site may be small, but it wont be forever!
Back to top Go down
hempy
Council Members
hempy

Number of posts : 741
Registration date : 2008-05-27

Character
Name: Phaie Faese
Race: Golem

PostSubject: Re: A SERIOUS ISSUE FOR ALL ADMINISTRATORS!!!!   A SERIOUS ISSUE FOR ALL ADMINISTRATORS!!!! EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 10:51 pm

'Sides if any of us need directions to anyone else's house we can just have them pm their address and put it on google maps. Have I mentioned how much I love/fear technology?
Back to top Go down
yori-chan
Council Members
yori-chan

Number of posts : 387
Registration date : 2008-06-16

Character
Name: Anola
Race: Ecarian

PostSubject: Re: A SERIOUS ISSUE FOR ALL ADMINISTRATORS!!!!   A SERIOUS ISSUE FOR ALL ADMINISTRATORS!!!! EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 10:52 pm

Have i mentioned how im not that good at technology?
Back to top Go down
Jenu
Members
Jenu

Character

PostSubject: Re: A SERIOUS ISSUE FOR ALL ADMINISTRATORS!!!!   A SERIOUS ISSUE FOR ALL ADMINISTRATORS!!!! EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 11:04 pm

Lol, I suck at technology, which is why I'm not trying for the technology tri, lolz!

@Hempy: Yes, it's true that there are much safer ways to disclose one's home address.
Back to top Go down
The Dark Lord Happy Pantz
Grand Editor
Grand Editor
The Dark Lord Happy Pantz

Number of posts : 1511
Registration date : 2008-05-05

Character
Name: Turin and Allie Ryuu
Race: Dragon

PostSubject: Re: A SERIOUS ISSUE FOR ALL ADMINISTRATORS!!!!   A SERIOUS ISSUE FOR ALL ADMINISTRATORS!!!! EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 7:37 pm

LIKE YELLING IT OFF THE MOUNTAIN TOPS!!
Back to top Go down
Jenu
Members
Jenu

Character

PostSubject: Re: A SERIOUS ISSUE FOR ALL ADMINISTRATORS!!!!   A SERIOUS ISSUE FOR ALL ADMINISTRATORS!!!! EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 7:46 pm

That...wouldn't be one of them...lol. But, then again, I doubt you'd get any unwelcome visitors that way either. XDD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A SERIOUS ISSUE FOR ALL ADMINISTRATORS!!!!   A SERIOUS ISSUE FOR ALL ADMINISTRATORS!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

A SERIOUS ISSUE FOR ALL ADMINISTRATORS!!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
G.E.E.K :: General G.E.E.K :: Trouble Shooting-
Jump to: