G.E.E.K
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ever been called a geek, then come here to find people just like you.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
The Dark Lord Happy Pantz (1511)
What does blink and ping mean? I_vote_lcapWhat does blink and ping mean? I_voting_barWhat does blink and ping mean? I_vote_rcap 
hempy (741)
What does blink and ping mean? I_vote_lcapWhat does blink and ping mean? I_voting_barWhat does blink and ping mean? I_vote_rcap 
evefarrel (629)
Amithyst Stonewall (615)
Raiga Olir (475)
Jenu (413)
yori-chan (387)
Chocolate Chip Cookie (323)
dragonbullet (323)
Mr Roboto (295)
Latest topics
» checking in
What does blink and ping mean? EmptyTue Dec 19, 2017 10:25 pm by dragonbullet

» BWONFWIRE!
What does blink and ping mean? EmptySat Nov 01, 2014 4:51 am by dragonbullet

» again i return
What does blink and ping mean? EmptyThu Aug 28, 2014 2:52 am by dragonbullet

» I'm still here, I always have been, I just lurk alllll the time!
What does blink and ping mean? EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 1:55 pm by dragonbullet

» Pokemon MMO
What does blink and ping mean? EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 11:52 pm by Amithyst Stonewall

» Who am I?
What does blink and ping mean? EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 2:07 am by dragonbullet

» Remembering Chocolate Chip Cookie
What does blink and ping mean? EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 2:06 am by dragonbullet

» Photo Shop
What does blink and ping mean? EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 12:17 pm by kittycatkea

» Images
What does blink and ping mean? EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 11:57 am by kittycatkea

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

What does blink and ping mean?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
eversoclueless
Wannabe

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-12-12

What does blink and ping mean? Empty
PostSubject: What does blink and ping mean?   What does blink and ping mean? EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 5:40 pm

I know very little about computers. Other than using software and bare essentials of hardware.I would like to learn. So, be gentle, please. If someone writes on a message board (in reply to an anonymous post) blink and ping, what des that mean. Thanks ~ Question everso
Back to top Go down
The Dark Lord Happy Pantz
Grand Editor
Grand Editor

Number of posts : 1511
Registration date : 2008-05-05

Character
Name: Turin and Allie Ryuu
Race: Dragon

PostSubject: Re: What does blink and ping mean?   What does blink and ping mean? EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 6:29 pm

eversoclueless wrote:
I know very little about computers. Other than using software and bare essentials of hardware.I would like to learn. So, be gentle, please. If someone writes on a message board (in reply to an anonymous post) blink and ping, what des that mean. Thanks ~ Question everso

actually, i don't know much about computers either, but blink and ping don't sound much like computer things to me....maybe they stand for something?
Back to top Go down
eversoclueless
Wannabe

PostSubject: Re: What does blink and ping mean?   What does blink and ping mean? EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 8:54 pm

I did some Googling. It appears that it is a way to capture an IP and ping (find out who a person is) even on an anonymous site or posting. And I THink it is bink and ping. I think it means getting through a firewall or whatever and then locating who someone is, even where anonimity is guaranteed. U think it can get through all kinds of protective devices.

I would love to hear more from others. I know people here know wha this is and I am really curious. I belive this is used often by government intelligence.

On a board like Zaba Message, is it really possible to determin the poster of an anonymous message by their message tags?
Back to top Go down
eversoclueless
Wannabe

PostSubject: Re: What does blink and ping mean?   What does blink and ping mean? EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 8:56 pm

Would someone please tell me where a good place would be online to post this kind of question? Thanks
Back to top Go down
Chocolate Chip Cookie
Grand Editor
Grand Editor
Chocolate Chip Cookie

Number of posts : 323
Registration date : 2009-06-10

Character
Name: Krypta
Race: Pixie

PostSubject: Re: What does blink and ping mean?   What does blink and ping mean? EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 4:51 pm

oh... I think here would be oki
Back to top Go down
Grand Editor
Grand Editor

Number of posts : 1511
Registration date : 2008-05-05

Character
Name: Turin and Allie Ryuu
Race: Dragon

PostSubject: Re: What does blink and ping mean?   What does blink and ping mean? EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 6:32 pm

Chocolate Chip Cookie wrote:
oh... I think here would be oki

yeah, but they'd have to wait until eve or magician got on (the more computer savy people) in order to get their answer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What does blink and ping mean?   What does blink and ping mean? EmptyFri Dec 18, 2009 12:04 am

LOL!!! I KNOW WHAT PINGING IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Blink, I don't know, but ping is a command in command prompt! You just type ping (enter IP address or website) and you ping! Blink I believe is similar, but because I don't know this command, I won't attempt it! I also like messing with nslookup it tells you what IP addresses you're going through to get somewhere. If you don't know what a command does in the command prompt, then don't mess with it!

From what I found, blink is actually an HTML command.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What does blink and ping mean?   What does blink and ping mean? Empty

Back to top Go down

What does blink and ping mean?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
G.E.E.K :: General G.E.E.K :: Trouble Shooting-
Jump to: