G.E.E.K
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ever been called a geek, then come here to find people just like you.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
The Dark Lord Happy Pantz (1511)
Lost Shadows of Light I_vote_lcapLost Shadows of Light I_voting_barLost Shadows of Light I_vote_rcap 
hempy (741)
Lost Shadows of Light I_vote_lcapLost Shadows of Light I_voting_barLost Shadows of Light I_vote_rcap 
evefarrel (629)
Amithyst Stonewall (615)
Raiga Olir (475)
Jenu (413)
yori-chan (387)
Chocolate Chip Cookie (323)
dragonbullet (323)
Mr Roboto (295)
Latest topics
» checking in
Lost Shadows of Light EmptyTue Dec 19, 2017 10:25 pm by dragonbullet

» BWONFWIRE!
Lost Shadows of Light EmptySat Nov 01, 2014 4:51 am by dragonbullet

» again i return
Lost Shadows of Light EmptyThu Aug 28, 2014 2:52 am by dragonbullet

» I'm still here, I always have been, I just lurk alllll the time!
Lost Shadows of Light EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 1:55 pm by dragonbullet

» Pokemon MMO
Lost Shadows of Light EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 11:52 pm by Amithyst Stonewall

» Who am I?
Lost Shadows of Light EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 2:07 am by dragonbullet

» Remembering Chocolate Chip Cookie
Lost Shadows of Light EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 2:06 am by dragonbullet

» Photo Shop
Lost Shadows of Light EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 12:17 pm by kittycatkea

» Images
Lost Shadows of Light EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 11:57 am by kittycatkea

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Lost Shadows of Light

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Lost Shadows of Light Empty
PostSubject: Lost Shadows of Light   Lost Shadows of Light EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 1:40 am

Lost Shadows of Light is a variation of my original work, The Sharin Legend, (pronounced shar-en, as in shark and the word "in"). Sharins are a race of elves, the shadow elves. The exact origins of their race is unknown but there are possible suggestions throughout different legends and tales of the past. The race may not have kept a direct record of their origins, but they have kept noble and royal bloodlines. There is only one absolute sharin monarch, that is either the Sharin King, or Queen. The current monarch is the queen, Sierra Merrcue (mare-cue).

One must also describe the appearence of sharins. First we must cover basic grounds. All sharins wear black, unless they are royalty, in which case they were variations of voilet, never getting into lavender however. Their casual dressings are robes and cloaks. They always wear a cloak, with the hood drawn over their head. Covering each sharin's body is a shadow, a veil of darkness. With the males the veil covers their complete body, don't think of it like a blanket over a body though, it follows their exact details. For the females it curls around their bodies, leaving only half of their face uncovered. Note that regardless of gender eyes shine through the veil. So a male with blue eyes, you will see the blue eyes. A female with green eyes, you will see the green eyes. The reason behind the cloaks and hood is because the sharins are a proud race and their shadows, in every legend is described as a curse, so they are ashamed of their curse, whatever it may be. They hide their faces and as much of their body to cover their shadow as well as they can, for the shadow represents their faults. Their eyes that shine through represents the hope of ending the curse. I am aware that they are trying to hide their shadows, and possibly the most important part of their body is uncovered by clothing for all to see their shadow. Now, there are moments in which the curse temporarily lifts. This is a moment of intimate love, such as a kiss. The veil will be drawn back. So yes, if they are reproducing, then the veil will also lift.....(No comment) >.<

Back on topic now. Here is the plotline as quoted from the book: The Kingdom of Merrcue was once a peaceful realm until a day of true darkness smothered the land. Sirril, Prince of the Sharins, and heir to the throne of Merrcue, embarks on an epic quest when a mind plague creeps across the colossal nation, recruiting soldiers for dark designs. Cruel souls they have become, worshipping the one they hail as the Emperor of Blood, Sirril's own uncle, Guywin. Corrupted by a shadow of ancient past, Ethloc a sharin, once thought to be sealed away aides Guywin in his machination to bring true darkness into the fading light of hope, to be kindled by Sirril."

I touched up some of the diction to make it more pleasing, to me at least. Comment as you wish, if you don't like it then, thats just a part of life, if you have anything that you need to be furtherly explained, feel free to ask. just don't flame or make comments that are completely negative and offensive. Thanks.
Back to top Go down

Lost Shadows of Light
Page 1 of 1