G.E.E.K
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ever been called a geek, then come here to find people just like you.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
The Dark Lord Happy Pantz (1511)
For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't) I_vote_lcapFor Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't) I_voting_barFor Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't) I_vote_rcap 
hempy (741)
For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't) I_vote_lcapFor Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't) I_voting_barFor Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't) I_vote_rcap 
evefarrel (629)
Amithyst Stonewall (615)
Raiga Olir (475)
Jenu (413)
yori-chan (387)
Chocolate Chip Cookie (323)
dragonbullet (323)
Mr Roboto (295)
Latest topics
» checking in
For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't) EmptyTue Dec 19, 2017 10:25 pm by dragonbullet

» BWONFWIRE!
For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't) EmptySat Nov 01, 2014 4:51 am by dragonbullet

» again i return
For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't) EmptyThu Aug 28, 2014 2:52 am by dragonbullet

» I'm still here, I always have been, I just lurk alllll the time!
For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't) EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 1:55 pm by dragonbullet

» Pokemon MMO
For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't) EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 11:52 pm by Amithyst Stonewall

» Who am I?
For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't) EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 2:07 am by dragonbullet

» Remembering Chocolate Chip Cookie
For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't) EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 2:06 am by dragonbullet

» Photo Shop
For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't) EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 12:17 pm by kittycatkea

» Images
For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't) EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 11:57 am by kittycatkea

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't)

Go down 
+2
The Dark Lord Happy Pantz
Jenu
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jenu
Members
Jenu

Number of posts : 413
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character
Name: Rana Mizu
Race: Elf

For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't) Empty
PostSubject: For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't)   For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't) EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 10:55 pm

For the first: ERAGON MOVIE SUX and ERAGON BOOK RULZ!!

Also, there is almost no connection between the two except for the title.

Besides that, I have surprisingly found some rather obscure movies based off of books that follow the books pretty well, namely:

Bridge to Terebithia (love!!! <3)
Hoot (ah....Mullet Fingers.... <3 <3)
Holes (ZERO!!! ^_^ *fangirl squee*
Back to top Go down
Grand Editor
Grand Editor

Number of posts : 1511
Registration date : 2008-05-05

Character
Name: Turin and Allie Ryuu
Race: Dragon

PostSubject: Re: For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't)   For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't) EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 11:22 pm

Jenu wrote:
For the first: ERAGON MOVIE SUX and ERAGON BOOK RULZ!!

Also, there is almost no connection between the two except for the title.

Besides that, I have surprisingly found some rather obscure movies based off of books that follow the books pretty well, namely:

Bridge to Terebithia (love!!! <3)
Hoot (ah....Mullet Fingers.... <3 <3)
Holes (ZERO!!! ^_^ *fangirl squee*

yes, i liked the bridge to terabithia remake as well, along with the Wardrobe series. (you know, the lion the witch and the wardrobe and prince caspian, no? *fangirl squee for the prince*)
Back to top Go down
Jenu
Members
Jenu

Character

PostSubject: Re: For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't)   For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't) EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 11:28 pm

Yes, I really like those too. (They're not the "wardrobe series" they're CHRONICLES OF NARNIA!!! Mad ) However, they don't follow the books as closely as the other three, so I didn't mention them.

Somehow this isn't matching the original topic but other movies full of win that are based off of books:
Lord of the Rings (Favorite movies AVAR IN THE HISTORY OF ALL MOVIES IN THE WORLD!!!)
Martian Child (doesn't follow the book exactly (for some weirdness in the book?) but is still very cute)
Back to top Go down
Grand Editor
Grand Editor

Character

PostSubject: Re: For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't)   For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't) EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 12:09 am

i knew they had a different name, but for the likes of me, I couldn't remember.

I'll add the Golden Compass to that, too, even though it doesn't follow the book exactly either.
Back to top Go down
Jenu
Members
Jenu

Character

PostSubject: Re: For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't)   For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't) EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 12:22 am

I haven't seen Golden Compass so I'm not sure if it's good or bad, however I have heard that it messed up the book quite a lot.

Oh! and a very obscure book/movie that I like a LOT is Freak the Mighty/The Mighty. Again, the movie messes up the book some, but the story itself is still VERY cool!
Back to top Go down
Grand Editor
Grand Editor

Character

PostSubject: Re: For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't)   For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't) EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 12:26 am

I didn't think it messed it up that badly, but then again, it has been a while since i've seen it.

Also, I love that book. I think it was the first one (or one of the first ones) I read my sophomore year, I didn't know they had a movie though. i think there's a squeal, too.
Back to top Go down
hempy
Council Members
hempy

Number of posts : 741
Registration date : 2008-05-27

Character
Name: Phaie Faese
Race: Golem

PostSubject: Re: For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't)   For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't) EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 2:07 am

Jumper is based off a book, it's a really good movie but for the most part it doesn't follow the book.

Coraline was brilliant but am I mistaken in thinking that Wyborn was only in the movie?

Also There's a movie coming out called 'Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs' that's based off of a kids book. The book's only got around 12 pages and has basically no plot so it's obvious that Hollywood took some creative liberties with the movie.
Back to top Go down
Jenu
Members
Jenu

Character

PostSubject: Re: For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't)   For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't) EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 1:38 pm

@TDLHP: There's a sequel to the book called Max the Mighty, which is ok, but not nearly as good as the first book. Idk if that's been turned into a movie, but I doubt it. ALso, there's a book called "The Last Book in the Universe" written by the same author which is AMAZING and full of win! (loves that book to death)

@Hempy: I've never heard of Jumpy, what's it about?

CORALINE'S A BOOK TOO?!?! *dashes off* (I hope Wyborn's in it, I love wyborn! He's my favorite character!)
Back to top Go down
Grand Editor
Grand Editor

Character

PostSubject: Re: For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't)   For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't) EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 2:50 pm

Jumper is a movie about this dude who can travel where ever he wants but who's being hunted by bad guys cuz of this ability.

Lol, i thought everyone knew by now that Coraline was a book.

also, Howl's Moving Castle is a book as well. a good one, might i add, but the characters especially are different in the book than the movie (though not much different)
Back to top Go down
Jenu
Members
Jenu

Character

PostSubject: Re: For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't)   For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't) EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 5:24 pm

^_^" *is always the one out of the loop, lol*

Howl's Moving Castle is the next anime on my list of "must watch" closely followed by Baccano which my friend keeps telling me to watch, lol.
Back to top Go down
Grand Editor
Grand Editor

Character

PostSubject: Re: For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't)   For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't) EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 5:33 pm

mine is Bleach.

oh, another book/movie that almost no one knows about is The Curious Case of Benjamin Buttons. I havent seen the movie or read the short story/book thing so i couldn't tell you if either of them are good.
Back to top Go down
USMCmarine
Council Members
USMCmarine

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Character
Name: slade dingess
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't)   For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't) EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 9:00 pm

god i hated the movie that was 2 hours of my life i wish i could have back... the book was great tho i own all 3 soon to be all four... Shocked
Back to top Go down
Jenu
Members
Jenu

Character

PostSubject: Re: For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't)   For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't) EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 10:28 pm

Hmm, I watched the movie, and even though the previews for it were really cool, I was quite disappointed by the actual thing. Still, I'd like to give the books a try if I can find them.

Oh! Another one I just remembered! The City of Ember! The movie was...ehh...ok, (Doon was hot though!) but I really liked the books.

Ah...Doon....*squeefangirlgiggle*
Back to top Go down
yori-chan
Council Members
yori-chan

Number of posts : 387
Registration date : 2008-06-16

Character
Name: Anola
Race: Ecarian

PostSubject: Re: For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't)   For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't) EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 1:18 am

I didnt read the book, but i thought the movie was wicked sweet.
Back to top Go down
Grand Editor
Grand Editor

Character

PostSubject: Re: For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't)   For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't) EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 2:13 pm

yori-chan wrote:
I didnt read the book, but i thought the movie was wicked sweet.

i've seen the movie but i haven't read the book, either
Back to top Go down
yori-chan
Council Members
yori-chan

Character

PostSubject: Re: For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't)   For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't) EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 2:41 pm

that seems to happen a lot.
Back to top Go down
Jenu
Members
Jenu

Character

PostSubject: Re: For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't)   For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't) EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 10:19 pm

Mmmmm....but Doon is so sweet in the book! *squeefangirlhuggles*
Back to top Go down
yori-chan
Council Members
yori-chan

Character

PostSubject: Re: For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't)   For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't) EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 10:36 pm

......you wanna dip him in chocolate, dont you?
Back to top Go down
Chocolate Chip Cookie
Grand Editor
Grand Editor
Chocolate Chip Cookie

Number of posts : 323
Registration date : 2009-06-10

Character
Name: Krypta
Race: Pixie

PostSubject: Re: For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't)   For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't) EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 11:43 pm

lol some things are good dipped in chocolate like bananas... and strawberries but I want them to make a movie about Just Listen by Sarah Dessen.
Back to top Go down
Grand Editor
Grand Editor

Character

PostSubject: Re: For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't)   For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't) EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 3:10 pm

Chocolate Chip Cookie wrote:
lol some things are good dipped in chocolate like bananas... and strawberries but I want them to make a movie about Just Listen by Sarah Dessen.

duuuude! any movie by that author's bound to be good (at least the storyline is, anyway, the producers might beat the crap out of everything else)
Back to top Go down
yori-chan
Council Members
yori-chan

Character

PostSubject: Re: For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't)   For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't) EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 3:44 pm

I know! i love her books. Just Listen, i think, would be a good movie.

(i say good, not great, because u never know how bad the director will screw it up)
Back to top Go down
Jenu
Members
Jenu

Character

PostSubject: Re: For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't)   For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't) EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 5:41 pm

Hmm...I've never heard of Sarah Dessen. What kinda books does she write?
Back to top Go down
Grand Editor
Grand Editor

Character

PostSubject: Re: For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't)   For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't) EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 5:50 pm

Jenu wrote:

awesome ones. the kinda sad, touching, inspirational life stories.
Back to top Go down
hempy
Council Members
hempy

Number of posts : 741
Registration date : 2008-05-27

Character
Name: Phaie Faese
Race: Golem

PostSubject: Re: For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't)   For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't) EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 7:02 pm

The Dark Lord Happy Pantz wrote:
Jenu wrote:

Sooooooooo no robot ninjas?
Back to top Go down
Grand Editor
Grand Editor

Character

PostSubject: Re: For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't)   For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't) EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 7:35 pm

hempy wrote:
The Dark Lord Happy Pantz wrote:
Jenu wrote:

Sooooooooo no robot ninjas?

in abundance! lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't)   For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't) Empty

Back to top Go down

For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next