G.E.E.K
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ever been called a geek, then come here to find people just like you.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
The Dark Lord Happy Pantz (1511)
October Octacular! I_vote_lcapOctober Octacular! I_voting_barOctober Octacular! I_vote_rcap 
hempy (741)
October Octacular! I_vote_lcapOctober Octacular! I_voting_barOctober Octacular! I_vote_rcap 
evefarrel (629)
Amithyst Stonewall (615)
Raiga Olir (475)
Jenu (413)
yori-chan (387)
Chocolate Chip Cookie (323)
dragonbullet (323)
Mr Roboto (295)
Latest topics
» checking in
October Octacular! EmptyTue Dec 19, 2017 10:25 pm by dragonbullet

» BWONFWIRE!
October Octacular! EmptySat Nov 01, 2014 4:51 am by dragonbullet

» again i return
October Octacular! EmptyThu Aug 28, 2014 2:52 am by dragonbullet

» I'm still here, I always have been, I just lurk alllll the time!
October Octacular! EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 1:55 pm by dragonbullet

» Pokemon MMO
October Octacular! EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 11:52 pm by Amithyst Stonewall

» Who am I?
October Octacular! EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 2:07 am by dragonbullet

» Remembering Chocolate Chip Cookie
October Octacular! EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 2:06 am by dragonbullet

» Photo Shop
October Octacular! EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 12:17 pm by kittycatkea

» Images
October Octacular! EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 11:57 am by kittycatkea

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

October Octacular!

Go down 
+2
The Dark Lord Happy Pantz
hempy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
hempy
Council Members
hempy

Number of posts : 741
Registration date : 2008-05-27

Character
Name: Phaie Faese
Race: Golem

October Octacular! Empty
PostSubject: October Octacular!   October Octacular! EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 12:47 am

STATUS UPDATE! We now have times for all the thingies! See my latest post for the deets. If you have any qualms, let me know so I can quash them.

It's time once again for all things morbid and macabre, the month of October! This year will play host to celebrations abound, so many so that I will now default to list format:

October 26th: Night of the new moon
October 27th: Day of the new moon
October 28th: Jour de le sucre sal Bonfire
October 29th: Benefit Halloween party @ Pizza Hut
October 30th: Actual Jour de le Sucre Sal aka. 'Mom's-going-to-work-in-the-morning-so-nothing' day
October 31st: All Hallow's Eve

Naturally not all will have accompanying gatherings but they should all be celebrated! For the night of the new moon I suggest dancing naked around a pile of gold (do not come to my house naked, celebrate this one at your home).
The day after you should eat a bunch of moon pies because yum.
JOUR DE LE SUCRE SAL is the appropriate day to come to my residence for a fire of the bon variety! Make sure to bring nasty candy to burn, a (fire-retardant) costume and arrange a ride home because last year I ended up dragging your sorry behinds all over the place at two in the morning.
The benefit party is still in the works and I will have more details later but that will also be in costume (if your costume is not fire retardant and you can only attend one celebration in October, this is the one to go to.)
The actual Jour de le Sucre Sal is the 30th but it would have to start around 5-ish and end around 8-ish, if anyone would be able to attend post and I'll see about making this a thing too.
Finally Halloween, anyone who doesn't have any plans for this year is welcome to join me but again, ensuring you have a ride home would be appreciated.

If anyone needs my address or anything like that, pm me. I ain't putting that out on the internet. Also, if you know anyone who used to be on the forums but has since stopped visiting on a daily basis due to lack of activity, alert them in any way you can! I don't want anyone to log on to the forum November first and give themselves a big ol' headsmack.

Anybody who can show up for any of these pm me AND post to the board so that not only I know who is coming but every one in the GEEK community knows. If you can only show up at certain times for certain events tell me the time so I can set it to be more convenient. If you can't show up for all of them, I didn't expect anyone to in the first place, that's why I made so many, hopefully everyone will be able to make to at least one of the parties. And if you can't, don't worry, I will be taking pictures and video to document how much fun we're having and how much you'll be missing.

And of course I would be amiss not to remind you all that Cinemassacre's Monster Madness is once again playing one video a day for all of October. I love the video's myself and anybody normally put-off by the AVGN's usually filthy mouth can rest easy, Jame's himself does Monster Madness, not the nerd. Can be found here: http://cinemassacre.com/author/mikematei/

Last edited by hempy on Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Grand Editor
Grand Editor

Number of posts : 1511
Registration date : 2008-05-05

Character
Name: Turin and Allie Ryuu
Race: Dragon

October Octacular! Empty
PostSubject: Re: October Octacular!   October Octacular! EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 4:28 pm

sounds fun. i might be able to come to all of those. idk we'll see. i think we were planning on meeting at the park (you know, the usual one) on Halloween to go trick-or-treating together.
Back to top Go down
hempy
Council Members
hempy

Character

October Octacular! Empty
PostSubject: Re: October Octacular!   October Octacular! EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 9:06 pm

The Dark Lord Happy Pantz wrote:
sounds fun. i might be able to come to all of those. idk we'll see. i think we were planning on meeting at the park (you know, the usual one) on Halloween to go trick-or-treating together.
Nifty, make sure to contact as many GEEKs as you can because it would appear not many others have seen this.
Back to top Go down
Amithyst Stonewall
Order Webmaster
Order Webmaster
Amithyst Stonewall

Number of posts : 615
Registration date : 2008-05-02

Character
Name: Amithyst Stonewall
Race: Beastman

October Octacular! Empty
PostSubject: Re: October Octacular!   October Octacular! EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 5:40 am

I'll see about coming to the bonfire and/or the party (even though it's unlikely I'll have a decent costume).

I'll post all of this on the G.E.E.K. page on Facebook for you Hempy. More people will find out about it there probably.
Back to top Go down
http://geek.heavenforum.com/
Raiga Olir
Members
Raiga Olir

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2008-05-01

Character
Name: Cala Rive
Race: Elf

October Octacular! Empty
PostSubject: Re: October Octacular!   October Octacular! EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 2:59 pm

I'll do what I can to make it. I'm custom making my costume, so hopefully it's finished by party time.
Back to top Go down
hempy
Council Members
hempy

Character

October Octacular! Empty
PostSubject: Re: October Octacular!   October Octacular! EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 7:25 pm

STATUS UPDATE

October 26th: Night of the new moon - not doing any gathering thing
October 27th: Day of the new moon - meeting at the park 'round noon until about 4:30
October 28th: Jour de le sucre sal Bonfire - Festivities start 'bout 6:00 fire is lit an hour later and goes until it goes.
October 29th: Benefit Halloween party @ CARTHAGE Pizza Hut - 7:00 until 8:30
October 30th: Actual Jour de le Sucre Sal aka. 'Mom's-going-to-work-in-the-morning-so-nothing' day
October 31st: All Hallow's Eve - I'm still not sure about this one, post some ideas.

Please note that the times and places may be subject to change so KEEP UPDATED. If you have any schedule-type conflicts with all of these times, post or pm so we can work stuff out, I'm hoping to see everybody at least once.

Also, if it's not much to ask, if anyone has a respectable quality camera, mine was misplaced and I would really like a few pictures at the bonfire. Could anyone bring theirs and so I can get some costume pictures?

Last edited by hempy on Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Raiga Olir
Members
Raiga Olir

Character

October Octacular! Empty
PostSubject: Re: October Octacular!   October Octacular! EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 6:37 pm

I can make it to most of the events, however I may need a ride to the bonfire. Also, I do have a pretty good camera attachment for my PSP. I'll bring it to all of the events.
Text me, I'll try to help out where possible.
Back to top Go down
Grand Editor
Grand Editor

Character

October Octacular! Empty
PostSubject: Re: October Octacular!   October Octacular! EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 2:12 pm

CCC is holding a party the night of the bonfire from 6:30 to 8:30. so we might go there first and then go to the bonfire.

edit: we being niki and me
Back to top Go down
hempy
Council Members
hempy

Character

October Octacular! Empty
PostSubject: Re: October Octacular!   October Octacular! EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 9:43 pm

UPDATE:
The Benefit party is at 7:00 not 6:00 and it is in the Carthage pizza hut, NOT the Joplin one.
Back to top Go down
Chocolate Chip Cookie
Grand Editor
Grand Editor
Chocolate Chip Cookie

Number of posts : 323
Registration date : 2009-06-10

Character
Name: Krypta
Race: Pixie

October Octacular! Empty
PostSubject: Re: October Octacular!   October Octacular! EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 12:03 am

Awesome you guys should def make my party Smile PLEASE??? I love you guys lol
Back to top Go down
niki-chan
Order Members
Order Members
niki-chan

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2008-05-07

Character
Name: Shar
Race:

October Octacular! Empty
PostSubject: Re: October Octacular!   October Octacular! EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 9:06 pm

yeah im gonna go to CCC's party first. TDLHP and I will be at the bonfire around 9, along with my brother.
Back to top Go down
hempy
Council Members
hempy

Character

October Octacular! Empty
PostSubject: Re: October Octacular!   October Octacular! EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 2:08 am

Chocolate Chip Cookie wrote:
Awesome you guys should def make my party Smile PLEASE??? I love you guys lol

Where's it? Gimme deets! Gimme deets!
Back to top Go down
niki-chan
Order Members
Order Members
niki-chan

Character
Race:

October Octacular! Empty
PostSubject: Re: October Octacular!   October Octacular! EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 11:28 am

hey um r we gonna be at the park the whole time today? cuz i wont get to carthage til like 1.
Back to top Go down
hempy
Council Members
hempy

Character

October Octacular! Empty
PostSubject: Re: October Octacular!   October Octacular! EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 11:10 pm

niki-chan wrote:
hey um r we gonna be at the park the whole time today? cuz i wont get to carthage til like 1.
Yeeah, I wasn't able to make it. Looks kind of bad because I'm the one who organized it but it turns out that Marady got out of school early today and I wouldn't have been able to pick her up and watch over her if I'd gone. Did anyone meet up at all?
Back to top Go down
Raiga Olir
Members
Raiga Olir

Character

October Octacular! Empty
PostSubject: Re: October Octacular!   October Octacular! EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 11:14 pm

DLHP, Niki, and myself met up. Nobody else, though.

EDIT 10/28/2011: I may need a ride tonight. If anyone could pick me up, it would be appreciated. most of you know my address, and if you don't, I'll PM you my cell # to provide directions.
EDIT 2: Scratch that, I've got a ride, but I'll be late. 1 of our dogs is severely injured. I'm currently at the Emergency Pet Clinic in Joplin.
Back to top Go down
hempy
Council Members
hempy

Character

October Octacular! Empty
PostSubject: Re: October Octacular!   October Octacular! EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 6:46 pm

magician infinity wrote:
DLHP, Niki, and myself met up. Nobody else, though.

EDIT 10/28/2011: I may need a ride tonight. If anyone could pick me up, it would be appreciated. most of you know my address, and if you don't, I'll PM you my cell # to provide directions.
EDIT 2: Scratch that, I've got a ride, but I'll be late. 1 of our dogs is severely injured. I'm currently at the Emergency Pet Clinic in Joplin.

Aw, no! You'll have to tell me which dog and how injured and how it happened.
Back to top Go down
Raiga Olir
Members
Raiga Olir

Character

October Octacular! Empty
PostSubject: Re: October Octacular!   October Octacular! EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 8:32 pm

1 of our puppies, Bandit, has a pair of broken legs and road rash in a very sensitive area. 1 leg will need amputation, the other needs surgery. The total cost is $1000. We don't have that kind of money, so any and all help is appreciated. I personally will work my ass off to repay anyone who helps.
Back to top Go down
hempy
Council Members
hempy

Character

October Octacular! Empty
PostSubject: Re: October Octacular!   October Octacular! EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 3:36 am

To everyone who showed up to the bonfire, I hope you had all kinds of fun! To all those that didn't, I have pictures that I will upload soon. Don't forget about the benefit party tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Grand Editor
Grand Editor

Character

October Octacular! Empty
PostSubject: Re: October Octacular!   October Octacular! EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 10:05 pm

i had fun hempy! thanks for the pizza n'stuff. (esp. the glowy things i stole Very Happy. i stole em cause i saw other people taking em though and i like glowy things. so i dont care what you say!) anyway for actual halloween i think we're meeting at central park and going trick-or-treating together so. yeah.
Back to top Go down
Raiga Olir
Members
Raiga Olir

Character

October Octacular! Empty
PostSubject: Re: October Octacular!   October Octacular! EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 11:33 pm

That's the plan. Meet up at Central and go trick-or-treating. Maybe hang out and listen to some music and play DS games. DLHP, bring Mario Party and Pokémon. Hempy, bring your Pokémon games as well, if you're coming.
Back to top Go down
Grand Editor
Grand Editor

Character

October Octacular! Empty
PostSubject: Re: October Octacular!   October Octacular! EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 4:32 pm

when should we meet up? say 6? or what?
Back to top Go down
niki-chan
Order Members
Order Members
niki-chan

Character
Race:

October Octacular! Empty
PostSubject: Re: October Octacular!   October Octacular! EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 4:35 pm

yeah i gotta be home by 8:30. going to the cemetery with my aunt
Back to top Go down
Raiga Olir
Members
Raiga Olir

Character

October Octacular! Empty
PostSubject: Re: October Octacular!   October Octacular! EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 7:24 pm

I'm busy until 8. Had a lot to do today, including helping take Bandit for his 1st surgery.
Back to top Go down
Grand Editor
Grand Editor

Character

October Octacular! Empty
PostSubject: Re: October Octacular!   October Octacular! EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 4:44 pm

sorry we missed each other, then. hope your guy's Halloweens was fantastic though
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

October Octacular! Empty
PostSubject: Re: October Octacular!   October Octacular! Empty

Back to top Go down

October Octacular!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
G.E.E.K :: General G.E.E.K :: Calendar-
Jump to: