G.E.E.K
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ever been called a geek, then come here to find people just like you.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
The Dark Lord Happy Pantz (1511)
For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't) - Page 2 I_vote_lcapFor Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't) - Page 2 I_voting_barFor Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't) - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
hempy (741)
For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't) - Page 2 I_vote_lcapFor Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't) - Page 2 I_voting_barFor Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't) - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
evefarrel (629)
Amithyst Stonewall (615)
Raiga Olir (475)
Jenu (413)
yori-chan (387)
Chocolate Chip Cookie (323)
dragonbullet (323)
Mr Roboto (295)
Latest topics
» checking in
For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't) - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 19, 2017 10:25 pm by dragonbullet

» BWONFWIRE!
For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't) - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 01, 2014 4:51 am by dragonbullet

» again i return
For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't) - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 28, 2014 2:52 am by dragonbullet

» I'm still here, I always have been, I just lurk alllll the time!
For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 1:55 pm by dragonbullet

» Pokemon MMO
For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 11:52 pm by Amithyst Stonewall

» Who am I?
For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't) - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 2:07 am by dragonbullet

» Remembering Chocolate Chip Cookie
For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't) - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 2:06 am by dragonbullet

» Photo Shop
For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't) - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 12:17 pm by kittycatkea

» Images
For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't) - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 11:57 am by kittycatkea

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't)

Go down 
+2
The Dark Lord Happy Pantz
Jenu
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
hempy
Council Members
hempy

Number of posts : 741
Registration date : 2008-05-27

Character
Name: Phaie Faese
Race: Golem

For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't)   For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't) - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 7:44 pm

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
yori-chan
Council Members
yori-chan

Number of posts : 387
Registration date : 2008-06-16

Character
Name: Anola
Race: Ecarian

PostSubject: Re: For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't)   For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't) - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 5:47 pm

Shes being sarcastic.
Back to top Go down
Grand Editor
Grand Editor

Number of posts : 1511
Registration date : 2008-05-05

Character
Name: Turin and Allie Ryuu
Race: Dragon

PostSubject: Re: For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't)   For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't) - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 6:13 pm

yori-chan wrote:
Shes being sarcastic.

no, was i?
Back to top Go down
Jenu
Members
Jenu

Number of posts : 413
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character
Name: Rana Mizu
Race: Elf

PostSubject: Re: For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't)   For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't) - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 8:53 pm

Wait....

*is confused now*
Back to top Go down
Grand Editor
Grand Editor

Character

PostSubject: Re: For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't)   For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't) - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 2:31 pm

Jenu wrote:
Wait....

*is confused now*

lol, sorry

ATTENTION:

The book series Cirque du Freak is now being made into a movie (on top of being a seires and a graphic novel)

YAY.... i hope they don't mess it up!
Back to top Go down
Jenu
Members
Jenu

Character

PostSubject: Re: For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't)   For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't) - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 5:00 pm

Hmm...that sounds cool but I've never heard of it.
Back to top Go down
Grand Editor
Grand Editor

Character

PostSubject: Re: For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't)   For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't) - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 5:26 pm

Jenu wrote:
Hmm...that sounds cool but I've never heard of it.

its pretty friggin' awesome but...we'll you'll find out if you read teh books
Back to top Go down
Jenu
Members
Jenu

Character

PostSubject: Re: For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't)   For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't) - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 10:00 am

Lolz, if I have time that is. I hardly have any time to read books anymore...it's sad!
Back to top Go down
Chocolate Chip Cookie
Grand Editor
Grand Editor
Chocolate Chip Cookie

Number of posts : 323
Registration date : 2009-06-10

Character
Name: Krypta
Race: Pixie

PostSubject: Re: For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't)   For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't) - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 10:16 pm

I am wondering if I should see the new Cirque Du Freak movie I loved the books when I read them.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't)   For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't) - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 11:07 pm

For the most part the Harry Potter Movies have been somewhat accurate, but in the sixth they rather ruined it by leaving about some of the memories from the pensieve and the final battle, I was rather dissapointed to be honest. I haven't seen the Inkheart movie, but I plan on it, so I'll see how that one turns out. Mmm Speak was a pretty good movie, never read the book though. Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice. I want to see Deltora Quest turned into a Movie, they made it into an anime in 2005, every episode past 18 is still raw, the preceedings have subs..... Neutral
Back to top Go down
Grand Editor
Grand Editor

Character

PostSubject: Re: For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't)   For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't) - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 2:19 pm

They left quite a few things out in the Harry Potter series, but I'm kinda at a point where I don't care anymore, I decided that although the movies are inferior to the books, the movies themselves are pretty good.

The Inkheart movie in almost no way follows the books, so if you like your movies based off of books to actually follow the storyline, you will probably be disappointed with that one as well. I can say that in my opinion, if a movie is based off of a book, I am a fan of following storyline, because that's part of the reason the movie was made in the first place, you know? The storyline in the book is so popular, and made so much bank that they wanted to squeeze a little more money out of it, so they made a movie, so in my opinion, it is a must-have that the movie follows, or tries to follow as hard as it can, the storyline from the book.

I never got to finish the movie Speak, but maybe I can find it on teh interwebz, because I do like the book.

I only saw a little of Interview, and I've never read the books, but what I saw from the movie, I think that neither of them are to my taste, so no problem there for me.

Anime based off of books? Awesome!

And finally, the newest, Cirque du Freak. I have to say, that judging from the previews, I am NOT going to like the movie, only because it added more unnecessary things that I find annoying, only to make the movie more interesting, which if they had follow the storyline, would not have been needed.

That's all of my replies....hmm....other books/movies...

Have we talked about The Golden Compass? I know we talked about My Sister's Keeper and The Notebook, right?...anyone read/watched Time Traveler's Wife?

And a book that I'd really like to see turn into a movie-with the guarantee that they won't screw it up badly?

umm I guess Holly Black's Trilogies of A Modern Tale of Faerie (Tithe, Valiant, Ironside)
or Ted Dekker's Lost Book series
maybe even the Edge Chronicles
definitely Percy Jackson and the Olympians
the House of Night series
and The Mortal Instrument Series

I guess there were more books than I thought that would make awesome movies.

Last edited by The Dark Lord Happy Pantz on Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chocolate Chip Cookie
Grand Editor
Grand Editor
Chocolate Chip Cookie

Character

PostSubject: Re: For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't)   For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't) - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 4:59 pm

.... I WANT THE HOUSE OF NIGHT SERIES TO BE A MOVIE RIGHT NOW.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't)   For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't) - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 8:35 pm

Chocolate Chip Cookie wrote:
lol some things are good dipped in chocolate like bananas... and strawberries but I want them to make a movie about Just Listen by Sarah Dessen.

OMG I WOULD KILL TO SEE THAT MOVIE!!!
or a movie based off any of her books
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't)   For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't) - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 8:43 pm

Also they in my opinion screwed up Twilight and they better not screw up New Moon.

I would have to say that they shouldn't turn any books into movies because it ruins the book for me. I like using my own imagination.
Back to top Go down
Chocolate Chip Cookie
Grand Editor
Grand Editor
Chocolate Chip Cookie

Character

PostSubject: Re: For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't)   For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't) - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 2:25 pm

yea that is kinda true but the movie is also the director's interepretation of the book....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't)   For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

For Movies that TOTALLY RUIN BOOKS!!!!! (And some that don't)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2