G.E.E.K
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ever been called a geek, then come here to find people just like you.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
The Dark Lord Happy Pantz (1511)
So called "controversal" movies... I_vote_lcapSo called "controversal" movies... I_voting_barSo called "controversal" movies... I_vote_rcap 
hempy (741)
So called "controversal" movies... I_vote_lcapSo called "controversal" movies... I_voting_barSo called "controversal" movies... I_vote_rcap 
evefarrel (629)
Amithyst Stonewall (615)
Raiga Olir (475)
Jenu (413)
yori-chan (387)
Chocolate Chip Cookie (323)
dragonbullet (323)
Mr Roboto (295)
Latest topics
» checking in
So called "controversal" movies... EmptyTue Dec 19, 2017 10:25 pm by dragonbullet

» BWONFWIRE!
So called "controversal" movies... EmptySat Nov 01, 2014 4:51 am by dragonbullet

» again i return
So called "controversal" movies... EmptyThu Aug 28, 2014 2:52 am by dragonbullet

» I'm still here, I always have been, I just lurk alllll the time!
So called "controversal" movies... EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 1:55 pm by dragonbullet

» Pokemon MMO
So called "controversal" movies... EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 11:52 pm by Amithyst Stonewall

» Who am I?
So called "controversal" movies... EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 2:07 am by dragonbullet

» Remembering Chocolate Chip Cookie
So called "controversal" movies... EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 2:06 am by dragonbullet

» Photo Shop
So called "controversal" movies... EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 12:17 pm by kittycatkea

» Images
So called "controversal" movies... EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 11:57 am by kittycatkea

March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

So called "controversal" movies...

Go down 
+5
The Dark Lord Happy Pantz
Amithyst Stonewall
yori-chan
evefarrel
Mr Roboto
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Mr Roboto
Order Webmaster
Order Webmaster
Mr Roboto

Number of posts : 295
Registration date : 2008-05-01

Character
Name: Aule Naugrim
Race: Dwarf

So called "controversal" movies... Empty
PostSubject: So called "controversal" movies...   So called "controversal" movies... EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 10:13 am

...like "The Da Vinci Code," "Angels and Demons," and "2012."

Has anyone on here so far watched that second one? Because if it's good, I'm gonna go see it soon.

And no matter what I hear people say about it, I am going to watch "2012" when it comes out.
Back to top Go down
evefarrel
Order Webmaster
Order Webmaster
evefarrel

Number of posts : 629
Registration date : 2008-04-29

Character
Name: Azzy
Race: Pixie

PostSubject: Re: So called "controversal" movies...   So called "controversal" movies... EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 12:54 pm

No but I want to see it.... I was to busy with moving.
Back to top Go down
yori-chan
Council Members
yori-chan

Number of posts : 387
Registration date : 2008-06-16

Character
Name: Anola
Race: Ecarian

PostSubject: Re: So called "controversal" movies...   So called "controversal" movies... EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 6:54 pm

Wich one is 2012 again?
Back to top Go down
Amithyst Stonewall
Order Webmaster
Order Webmaster
Amithyst Stonewall

Number of posts : 615
Registration date : 2008-05-02

Character
Name: Amithyst Stonewall
Race: Beastman

PostSubject: Re: So called "controversal" movies...   So called "controversal" movies... EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 8:17 am

I wanted to go see Angels and Demons but ended up sitting through Night at the Museum 2 and Star Trek.
Back to top Go down
http://geek.heavenforum.com/
Grand Editor
Grand Editor

Number of posts : 1511
Registration date : 2008-05-05

Character
Name: Turin and Allie Ryuu
Race: Dragon

PostSubject: Re: So called "controversal" movies...   So called "controversal" movies... EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 1:03 pm

yeah, i want to see angels and demons and 2012 as well.

anyway i will briefly explain 2012

ok, the mayans had a calendar that predicted events untill 2012, when it stopped. people are speculating that's because it's the end of the world (me i say maybe they just got tired i mean, wouldn't you if you made a calendar for years that predicted the future?) anyway, the movie is about "ze end of ze world" (haha that's a funny video, if you know what i'm talking about) and humans reactions.

doesn't sound to fun by the way i said it but it looks like it will be, just watch the trailer
Back to top Go down
yori-chan
Council Members
yori-chan

Character

PostSubject: Re: So called "controversal" movies...   So called "controversal" movies... EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 2:09 pm

cool...
Back to top Go down
Jenu
Members
Jenu

Number of posts : 413
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character
Name: Rana Mizu
Race: Elf

PostSubject: Re: So called "controversal" movies...   So called "controversal" movies... EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 5:47 pm

Ok, just a question, but if Mayans predicted events all the way up to 2012, how accurate were their predictions up until that point? I think that if previous predictions proved accurate, than maybe there could be something to the whole end of the world thing. However, if the predictions are way off or too vague to be understood properly, then I wouldn't put any regard into an apolyptical prediction coming from that same source.
Back to top Go down
Amithyst Stonewall
Order Webmaster
Order Webmaster
Amithyst Stonewall

Character

PostSubject: Re: So called "controversal" movies...   So called "controversal" movies... EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 8:27 pm

Lets put it this way Jenu. . . The Mayan calendar was able to accurately and precisely predict the dates of solar and lunar eclipses thousands of years after there civilization perished.
Back to top Go down
yori-chan
Council Members
yori-chan

Character

PostSubject: Re: So called "controversal" movies...   So called "controversal" movies... EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 10:39 pm

Ok, people need to seriously stop freaking out over this. What if the Mayans just got tired of carving dates into rock? Its not that scary.
Back to top Go down
hempy
Council Members
hempy

Number of posts : 741
Registration date : 2008-05-27

Character
Name: Phaie Faese
Race: Golem

PostSubject: Re: So called "controversal" movies...   So called "controversal" movies... EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 10:43 pm

Amithyst Stone wrote:
Lets put it this way Jenu. . . The Mayan calendar was able to accurately and precisely predict the dates of solar and lunar eclipses thousands of years after there civilization perished.

Well yes but solar and lunar eclipses can be easily predicted if you've seen at least two and can make the corralation that it would hapen again. Something like the world ending would be a mite harder.
Back to top Go down
yori-chan
Council Members
yori-chan

Character

PostSubject: Re: So called "controversal" movies...   So called "controversal" movies... EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 10:50 pm

most definatly.
Back to top Go down
Jenu
Members
Jenu

Character

PostSubject: Re: So called "controversal" movies...   So called "controversal" movies... EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 11:28 pm

Ah, so it wasn't events, ok. And yes, like hempy said, it is possible to accurately predict the actions of the sun and moon and solar system with enough time and study. I doubt it would be particularly easy, and I doubt you could predict all future ones after seeing just two, but even still, Mayans were much more intellectual than I think they are often given credit for, so to be able to predict the solar systems activites accurately is not impossible.

Still, there is no way to predict an apolyptic event from the movements of the planets.
Back to top Go down
yori-chan
Council Members
yori-chan

Character

PostSubject: Re: So called "controversal" movies...   So called "controversal" movies... EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 3:04 am

nope
Back to top Go down
Amithyst Stonewall
Order Webmaster
Order Webmaster
Amithyst Stonewall

Character

PostSubject: Re: So called "controversal" movies...   So called "controversal" movies... EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 8:11 am

The Mayans were obsessed with time keeping so I doubt they just got tired of carving out there calender. Their calendar is more accurate than ours today. By the by, it's not just the eclipses that it predicted, that was just the example I gave, but yes there calendar HAS predicted EVERY eclipse and every other astrological landmark up to today. I'm not saying I believe this means the end of the world, I am merely answering your question.

What some people fail to realize is that it is not necessarily the 'last day' that 2012 is, it is the end of what is called the 'long count' on the Mayan calender. This long count represents a complete age/era/life/whatever that has passed in the planets history. It was originally made to be sat back at the first of the long count after it ran out to start a new age, but seeing as they aren't around to do it, it won't happen.

There is other evidence that some might present to you from other sources that would lead one to believe 'the end is nigh' that are more believable than the 'end of the calender' theory, such as the shifting of the earth's poles which has only happened 3 times since the planet's creation. This coupled with the fairly common ' 4 life's ' belief might also lead one to belive this is the end.
Back to top Go down
Jenu
Members
Jenu

Character

PostSubject: Re: So called "controversal" movies...   So called "controversal" movies... EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 4:07 pm

Well, if the apocolypse DOES happen in 2012, I hope I get to see it! ^_^ The end of the world...so poetic, no?
Back to top Go down
yori-chan
Council Members
yori-chan

Character

PostSubject: Re: So called "controversal" movies...   So called "controversal" movies... EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 6:37 pm

Poetic? yes. Sucks horibbly? yes. Wicked cool? no.

Ami: maybe the Mayans got wiped out, or whatever, on the day they stoped recording the years, and thats why the calender stops at 2012.
Back to top Go down
Jenu
Members
Jenu

Character

PostSubject: Re: So called "controversal" movies...   So called "controversal" movies... EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 1:55 pm

Or perhaps there were political squabbles and those that spent all their time predicting heavenly events found themselves out of the job. I can imagine that happening.

Anyway, I say that I sorta maybe want to live through the apocolypse just to see what happens on the other side of it, like, what happens then, after the end of the world??
Back to top Go down
Chocolate Chip Cookie
Grand Editor
Grand Editor
Chocolate Chip Cookie

Number of posts : 323
Registration date : 2009-06-10

Character
Name: Krypta
Race: Pixie

PostSubject: Re: So called "controversal" movies...   So called "controversal" movies... EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 7:55 pm

OH MY GOSH JUST LEAVE IT ALONE
Back to top Go down
yori-chan
Council Members
yori-chan

Character

PostSubject: Re: So called "controversal" movies...   So called "controversal" movies... EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 9:10 pm

lol.
Back to top Go down
Jenu
Members
Jenu

Character

PostSubject: Re: So called "controversal" movies...   So called "controversal" movies... EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 8:19 pm

@CCC: Ahh...but it's mysteries like this that make the world interesting, no? ^_^
Back to top Go down
USMCmarine
Council Members
USMCmarine

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Character
Name: slade dingess
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: So called "controversal" movies...   So called "controversal" movies... EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 11:45 am

what ever happens happens i say but my self i say that this is all just a bunch of talk
Back to top Go down
Jenu
Members
Jenu

Character

PostSubject: Re: So called "controversal" movies...   So called "controversal" movies... EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 3:10 pm

Meh...probably is. That's usually how prophesied apocolyptic dates turn out. Still, it's kinda cool to think about stuff like that.
Back to top Go down
yori-chan
Council Members
yori-chan

Character

PostSubject: Re: So called "controversal" movies...   So called "controversal" movies... EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 12:38 am

cool and scary. like The Day After Tomorrow. Any one seen it?
Back to top Go down
Jenu
Members
Jenu

Character

PostSubject: Re: So called "controversal" movies...   So called "controversal" movies... EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 3:10 pm

Nope, never heard of it. What's it about?
Back to top Go down
Grand Editor
Grand Editor

Number of posts : 1511
Registration date : 2008-05-05

Character
Name: Turin and Allie Ryuu
Race: Dragon

PostSubject: Re: So called "controversal" movies...   So called "controversal" movies... EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 5:55 pm

Jenu wrote:
Nope, never heard of it. What's it about?

it's a pretty kick-ass movie, but if you're going to talk about it, make a new thread because i don't think it falls into the category of "controversial"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So called "controversal" movies...   So called "controversal" movies... Empty

Back to top Go down

So called "controversal" movies...
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next